9.26.2011

7 Words + 7 Links

Today has been one of those really lovely days. The weather is perfect - the last taste of summer with the first taste of autumn. I got to study outside with the sunshine and warm breeze all around me and my little brother's laughter in the background. And then I got a great score on an exam I had to take. And, as if the fact that I'm now only 16 credits away from my degree, I got an award! It came all the way from Ireland (which isn't nearly as impressively far away as it sounds since places in the blogsphere are only clicks away not miles and miles), courtesy of Christine Murray. I'm supposed to match/link my own posts with the seven descriptive words given, and then pass it on to seven others. So here we go.


Most Beautiful: This one was easy. Because dreams are beautiful things and I wrote this on a beautiful day

Most Helpful: Oh dear, oh dear. Unlike so many of my fellow writers who blog, I don't post helpful things; unless words count, in which the majority of my posts could be classified as helpful. But I don't classify them that way. When I think "helpful," I think of all the grammar/query/writing-related instructional posts that so many of you have done. So...I'm going to go with this, to help you with insults. Because if we must insult, we ought to do so with wit!

Most Popular: This is actually my second most popular post. I'll tell you about the post that was really the most popular in a minute. But I'm so glad that so many of you liked this as much as I did. It gives me an excuse to post it again. And I'm always ready to post about how stinkin' sweet my little brother is. He'll be half-asleep walking to the bathroom at midnight, see that my light is on, and call me: "CayCay? I want to give you a hug."

Most Controversial: No one actually voiced controversy over this, which surprised me exceedingly. I kept checking for comments, waiting to cringe because I had offended or angered someone. That never happened, but the post certainly has the potential to cause controversy. At least, it's the only post I can find that comes even remotely close to fitting the "most controversial" category.

Most Surprisingly Successful: Technically, this post was the most popular. It had the highest number of page views (assuming the stats button is accurate), but I couldn't believe it. Why? Well, normally my Wednesday posts get at least one comment (Cherie should get a "Faithful Commenter" award for that. Seriously.) Not this time. I really liked the character in it and just assumed that no one else particularly cared for him or that the whole post was too long or, or, or. You can imagine my surprise, then, when it topped the stats listing!

Most Underrated: I'm going to go with my post on the Vikings for this one. I don't spend a lot of time talking about my manuscript or the research that went into it. I do try not to bore you to tears, so I've purposely refrained from telling you absolutely everything I know about Viking culture. I find it fascinating but, like most research, not all of it needs to be shared. That's the difference between great historical fiction (which gives you enough detail) and boring historical fiction (which suffocates you in detail). That said, the Vikings are close to my heart because there's so much more to them than the legend/stereotype/etc. Their non-pillaging qualities are vastly underrated.

Most Prideworthy: I'm proud of myself for actually starting a blog, so this category was easy. See?

I was going to write blurbs on the seven people I'm going to pass this 7X7 award on to but (a) I've spent too long on this post already. I really can't neglect my reading assignments any longer and (b) I can't do them justice in a matter of seconds. SO, know that every single person I link is fantastic and you should go browse their blogs. It's worth it.

Cherie

Anita

Mark

Jen

Ashley

Julie

and Lydia.

7 comments:

  1. AWWW! I'm SO excited about this!! Thank you!!

    Also, you always have helpful posts! You're 'A Word for Wednesday' posts are a wonderful on-line lexicon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This is such a good idea for an award. I know I've missed posts on lots of blogs so this is a nice way to catch up.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award, and thanks for the shout out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for thinking of me! I really liked looking back at your old posts. Though I don't always comment, I always enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, my dear! You are such a sweetheart <3 I'm off to check your posts now.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, sweet! You're right, I don't have this one. WOOT! :)

    Thanks so much, Caitlin. :) I'll get to it in a few weeks. SO FUN!

    *waves to my goat girls, J.A. and Cherie*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley - It was my pleasure :)

    Lydia - I know what you mean. I get soooo behind on reading the blogs I follow.

    Mark - Thanks

    Jen - Back at ya!

    Cherie - You are most welcome :)

    Anita - Take your time, there's no rush. What exactly is a "goat girl"?

    ReplyDelete

Do share your thoughts - I enjoy reading them :)